J. Edgar Google
"If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place."
Google CEO Eric Schmidt
- World Privacy Forum Complaint: Request for declaration regarding unfair and deceptive browser circumvention methods and investigation into Google, Vibrant Media, Media Innovation Group, and Pointroll for compliance with Section 5 of the FTC Act
- “The world will organize into things that people are good at and things that computers are good at… Think of them as aids. They’re our best friends, our best help. They know where we’ve been and they’ll make suggestions for where we go.” Google Chairman, Eric Schmidt, MIT News, 11-15-11,
- “Technology is not really about hardware and software any more. It’s really about the mining and use of this enormous data to make the world a better place.” Google Chairman, Eric Schmidt, MIT News, 11-15-11,
- “We're going to have people as a first class object in search. We need that to work, and we need to get started on it. … we actually need to understand things and we need to understand things pretty deeply. People are a component of that.” Google CEO Larry Page, Fortune Interview, 12-11-12
- “There's [another] part of Google Plus. I think in order to make our products really work well, we need to have a good way of sharing. We had 18 different ways of sharing stuff before we did Plus. Now we have one way that works well, and we're improving.” Google CEO Larry Page, Fortune Interview, 12-11-12