Last Updated: July 23, 2015
Information We Collect
Information You Submit: When you use the Website, you can submit information by:
- Contacting us
- Signing up for our emails
- Sharing information or stories about Google with us
Engagement Tools and Data: Our Website also gathers information whenever you visit. As with other websites and interactive services, whenever you interact with our Website, your computer, mobile phone or tablet (a ?Device?) and its software transmits a ?request? to us. That request includes non-personal information received from your Device (and its software) necessary for us to identify and appropriately route the information your Device is requesting. These ?requests? and ?replies? are the backbone of all websites and Internet services. Therefore, whenever you:
- Visit and navigate through our Website
- Click on a link
- Open a webpage or web form
- Open a web-enabled email sent by us
- Post a comment or question on a blog or user forum
- Otherwise take an action or interact with elements of our Website or its pages, content or features?your Device and its software are sending non-personal information to us.
In addition to managing the appropriate routing of information, we use so-called ?cookies,? ?web beacons,? ?server logs? and other ?Engagement Tools? to enhance the quality of the service and content you receive. For example, we use Engagement Tools to:
- save user preferences;
- preserve session settings and activity;
- tailor the delivery of ads and other content; and
- analyze the performance of our Website and its various features and content.
Therefore, even if you do not register with us or submit any personal information on our Website, our Engagement Tools automatically receive information about your Device and the software running on it. We call such data ?Engagement Data.?
Engagement Data often includes elements such as the date and time a ?request? is made, the model of the Device making the ?request,? the type and version of operating system running on a Device (e.g., Mac OS or Microsoft Windows), the browser making the request (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox), routing information, IP address, the Device?s geographic location, search terms a user enters, what URL a Device most recently visited, and, if a mobile application is used, an anonymous unique number. Engagement Data generally does not personally identify a Device?s user. However, it can be combined with personal information. If so, we treat such combined information the same way we treat personal information. Additionally, in the event that our Engagement Tools collect data elements that contain personal information, we treat those data elements as personal information.
You have the ability to control how certain Engagement Tools operate by modifying the settings on your Device or its software. Most browsers, for example, allow you to refuse accepting cookies, and many mobile Devices allow you to disable the sending of location information. In some cases, doing these things could diminish the performance of our Website or render certain features inoperable. We do not respond to browser-based ?do not track? signals.
Third Party Tools: We work with certain third parties who deploy their own engagement tools on our Website. In some instances they do so exclusively on our behalf. In other instances, they may retain and use the data they collect pursuant to publicly available privacy policies. These third party tools are frequently deployed by companies providing online advertising services or analytics, but they may be deployed in other contexts as well, such as social media plug-ins. We treat personal and non-personal information that we receive from these third party tools the same way we treat personal and non-personal information that we directly collect from our Website. We, however, do not control how these third parties manage the information they gather.
Personal Information: Information you submit to us that identifies you or can be used to contact you (e.g., email or mailing address) is your ?personal information.?
How Information is Used
We use personal and non-personal information (including Engagement Data) for the following purposes:
- Operating, maintaining, managing and administering our Website;
- Responding to questions and communications;
- Administrative announcements about features, functionality, terms or other aspects of our Website;
- Safeguarding and protecting our Website and its content, the rights of third parties and in response to legal process; and
- Any other purpose described in this Policy or the Terms and Conditions.
We use non-personal information for the following purposes:
- Auditing, research, measurement and analysis in order to maintain, administer, enhance and protect our Website;
- Contextual and cookie-based automated content delivery, such as tailored ads or search results; and
- Other purposes described in this Policy or the Terms and Conditions.
We may also use non-personal information to prepare aggregate reports for current or future advertisers, sponsors or other partners to show trends about the general use of our Website. Such reports may include age, gender, geographic, demographic or other general user information, but do not include personal information.
Our Website includes publicly displayed blogs and other public forums that may allow users to communicate the general public by posting stories or public comments. All information a user posts will be available to a wide range of individuals, and should be presumed public. We strongly advise users to exercise care in selecting what information they share on our Website, and strongly recommend against sharing any personal information that could directly or indirectly be traced to any individual, including yourself.
Sharing of Information
We will not share personal information you submit except under the following circumstances:
- When you choose to share such information through our Website;
- When you are otherwise notified at the time we collect such information or we otherwise have your express consent;
- When we share such information with trusted service providers operating on our behalf consistent with the terms of this Policy. Such service providers shall be bound by appropriate confidentiality and security obligations, which may include, as applicable, business associate contract obligations. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information with any third parties for their promotional or marketing purposes;
- When we protect our Website, the rights of third parties and in response to legal process;
- In connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, reorganization or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the Website to which this Privacy applies. If such a transaction occurs, the acquiring company?s use of your personal information will remain subject to this Policy; and
- Any other purposes described in this Policy.
The security of our Website and its content is a top priority. To prevent unauthorized access to the information we collect, we deploy an array of reasonable security measures.? ?It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from our Website.
Children under 13
Our Website is not intended for or designed to attract children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as soon as practicable. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us immediately at the contact information below.
United States Only
Our Website is administered in the United States (?US?) and is intended for users in the US. If you are located outside of the US, please note that the information you submit to us will be transferred to the US. By using our Services, you consent to this transfer. If you are located in a country other than the US, you should note that, at present, the laws of the US and certain other countries have not been approved by the European Commission or privacy authorities in certain other countries as providing ?adequate protection? for personal information within the meaning of the European Union Data Protection Directive or applicable laws of other countries.
Third Party Services
This Policy applies only to our Services. It does not apply to services offered by third parties, including websites and other online services that our Services may display links to or advertisements for. When you click on such links or advertisements, you will be visiting websites or interactive services operated by third parties, who have their own information collection practices and may also collect information through the use of tracking tools, such as cookies, web beacons, server logs and the like. We do not have control over how any third party gathers or uses information, so you should review their privacy policies to learn of their information gathering and handling practices.
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses? practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or give to the customers an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. To make such request, send us an email at Publisher@GoogleMonitor.com, indicating ?Your California Privacy Rights? in the subject of your email, your name and complete mailing address. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Changes to this Policy
We work hard to continuously improve and enhance our Website. Some of these improvements and enhancements may result in changes to this Policy. We will post such changes along with their effective date on this page.? Because our Policy can change at any time, we encourage you to reread it periodically to see if there have been any changes that affect you. If you disagree with any changes to this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Policy, do not use the Website.
You may contact us at:
Google? is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
GoogleMonitor.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precursor LLC www.precursor.com, which is independent of, and not affiliated in any way with Google.